A meteorologist has filed a discrimination lawsuit against KABC-TV, citing that he was not hired because the station wanted a young, attractive female. He alleges that multiple applicants over the age of 40 were not interviewed and that the woman hired did not submit a formal application. He is seeking damages and claims a violation of California’s Fair Employment and Housing Act, failure to prevent harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
Meteorologist suing KABC-TV
- What’s the Verdict: What does Governor Brown’s new Fair Pay Act mean for Hollywood?
- What’s The Verdict: Comcast and Houston Sports battle over bankruptcy and alleged scheming, who is behind it?
- What’s The Verdict: FTC settles crowdfunding fraud with Erik Chevalier!
- What’s The Verdict: Will FIFA officials win their challenge to dismiss conspiracy/ criminal charges and the 2nd civil case based on lack of jurisdiction?
- What’s The Verdict: Were Mike Huckabee’s anti-Hollywood phone calls more like a survey or telemarketing? Will he be held liable?