After posting an image on instagram, rap star Lil’ Kim was sued over a photo of zombie makeup by a Vancouver artist. Samantha Ravndahl is claiming that self proclaimed Queen Bee “splashed” a photo of Ravndahl modeling zombie-style makeup across the internet, including on the rapper’s social media pages, and is prepared to go to court to protect the image and stake some claim in her “original makeup design”. The Ravndahl allegedly posted the image on instagram and other social media outlets as part of a step by step “how to” tutorial. The artist alleges that Lil’ Kim put her name and copyright notice on the artist’s face and makeup design prior to distributing it on the internet. The lawsuit claims that Lil’ Kim’s alleged exploitation of the image is unfair and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
- What’s the Verdict: What does Governor Brown’s new Fair Pay Act mean for Hollywood?
- What’s The Verdict: Comcast and Houston Sports battle over bankruptcy and alleged scheming, who is behind it?
- What’s The Verdict: FTC settles crowdfunding fraud with Erik Chevalier!
- What’s The Verdict: Will FIFA officials win their challenge to dismiss conspiracy/ criminal charges and the 2nd civil case based on lack of jurisdiction?
- What’s The Verdict: Were Mike Huckabee’s anti-Hollywood phone calls more like a survey or telemarketing? Will he be held liable?