Netflix is moving up the ranks — Netflix has partnered with the World Wildlife Fund and Silverback Films to make the eight-part series Our Planet. It is a follow-up documentary nature series to Discovery Channel’s Planet Earth. Why did Netflix partner with the World Wildlife Fund? Because Our Planet will feature “never-before-filmed wilderness areas from the ice caps and deep ocean to deserts and remote forests,” which will seriously raise the bar for natural history landmarks. Netflix needs support from WWF In order to get access to these protected areas. Although the provider has produced successful documentaries in the past, this is by far their most ambitious project yet. Our Planet is scheduled to premiere in 2019. Watch out Mother Nature, Netflix is coming for ya!
Netflix joining the Wildlife?
- What’s the Verdict: What does Governor Brown’s new Fair Pay Act mean for Hollywood?
- What’s The Verdict: Comcast and Houston Sports battle over bankruptcy and alleged scheming, who is behind it?
- What’s The Verdict: FTC settles crowdfunding fraud with Erik Chevalier!
- What’s The Verdict: Will FIFA officials win their challenge to dismiss conspiracy/ criminal charges and the 2nd civil case based on lack of jurisdiction?
- What’s The Verdict: Were Mike Huckabee’s anti-Hollywood phone calls more like a survey or telemarketing? Will he be held liable?